VisionFirst Advisors is looking to add an entry level, fulltime Consultant to the Tallahassee office. You will gain experience working in the economic development profession by contributing on a variety of projects involving business strategy, site location, marketing/communications and critical problem solving. At the same time, you will acquire collaborative working skills while supporting each of our team members.
You will be responsible for developing and managing social media, compiling and analyzing data, writing and presenting reports and maintaining client relationships. We are looking for someone with a superior attention to detail and discretion while looking for new and effective ways to achieve better results. Other desired skills include creative thinking, self-motivation and an ability to support a team approach to problem solving.
What we expect from you:
• Gather, analyze and interpret basic economic data, demographic information and workforce trends
• Develop content and manage social media along with a calendar for planned and scheduled updates for VisionFirst as well as client projects
• Participate in client meetings and interviews and can summarize findings
• Produce high-quality written reports, press releases, blog posts and presentations
• Contribute to proposal writing as new project opportunities are identified
• Develop graphics for social media, emails and websites
• Manage client lists in both Microsoft Outlook as well as Mail Chimp
• Draft and prepare correspondence, mailings and email outreach.
• Prepare for meetings including ordering food, booking conference rooms, setting up video conferences.
• Event assistance such as invite lists, mail, name tags and follow-up calls or emails to attendees
• Have the ability to travel overnight
Your professional profile includes:
• Bring new approaches and creative thoughts to the team
• Completion or pursual of a four-year degree in business, economics, marketing, public relations or associated degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to be persuasive and assertive
• Highly organized with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
• Strong sense of urgency with the ability to identify and manage priorities
• Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently
• Flexible and adaptable with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Teams, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint along with experience managing Twitter, LinkedIn, Mail Chimp and Survey Monkey
What you can expect from us:
• A colorful, diverse and open-minded team of professionals
• A company culture that gives space to develop new solutions and strategies
• The opportunity to learn and develop yourself constantly through exciting tasks and responsibilities
About VisionFirst Advisors:
After 30 years of leading public and private economic development organizations in three different states, Gray Swoope helped launch VisionFirst Advisors, LLC, an economic development consulting company focused on location advisory services, economic development strategy, organizational management and result-driven marketing and communications. VisionFirst is a wholly owned subsidiary of Butler Snow LLP with nearly 400 attorneys around the globe. This unique structure allows VisionFirst to utilize the strength of the Butler Snow network, combined with the staff’s experience, knowledge and business connections to deliver results. To learn more about VisionFirst visit www.visionfirstadvisors.com.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 26th.