In a career as a Foster Family Services Recruiter, you are part of the commitment to improve a child’s life. Often, foster children have been abused or neglected, and they can no longer live safely at home—at least for a while, and sometimes permanently. The Foster Family Services team comes in by providing the guidance and compassion these children need whether it is creating healthy relationships, finding success at school or working on their overall well-being.
- Recruits and screens potential Foster Parents.
- Works directly with Foster Family Services staff and the Marketing Department to develop strategies and advertisements to implement in recruiting Foster Families.
- Distributes program information and literature regarding the recruitment of Foster Parents.
- Handles telephone and mail inquiries from potential Foster Parents.
- Develops reports and tracking mechanisms to track potential families.
- Participates in speaking engagements and gives information on Foster Care and licensing requirements.
- Conducts initial interviews and orientations with potential Foster Parents to assess skills and abilities and alignment with Boys Town philosophy.
- Prepares reports and recommendations concerning selection of Foster Parents.
- Completes the required licensing paperwork for potential Foster Parents.
- Conducts in-home visits with Foster Parents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social or Behavioral Science fields or equivalent. Additional education and experience may be required by state regulation and laws.
- 1 year of experience in Foster Care or Social Services is preferred.
- Must provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job.
- This position may require flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
About Boys Town North Florida:
Make a difference here at Boys Town North Florida, where our programs and services touch the lives of more than 5,000 people each year. Since our arms opened in 1983, we have been providing hope and healing as a good neighbor in the Tallahassee community by serving our children and families.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here in Tallahassee. The city has the wonderful weather Florida is famous for with the additional charm of a nice southern hospitality atmosphere, and there is nothing we believe in more than community. Boys Town North Florida has faith that our employees are our greatest asset, and we work to build a strong team culture at the site through team building activities such as quarterly potlucks, campus celebration, movie screenings and more. Outside of fostering relationships, our leadership initiative called “Next Gen” gives staff an opportunity to engage in training and development to prepare for their next career move within the organization.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: October 27, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.