United Way of the Big Bend (UWBB) is seeking an Impact Strategies Manager who will lead UWBB’s internal community impact initiatives, including ReadingPals, MathPals, the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) and SMILE UNITED. Additional duties include grant-writing, management, and reporting for these initiatives.
- Be able to provide leadership in building and maintaining partnerships and collaborating with community stakeholders to advance all UWBB initiative outcomes
- Be comfortable recruiting and working with a diverse network of community volunteers
- Be eager to assist in development of communication, marketing materials, and marketing strategies to support all initiatives
- Be able to prepare and conduct training sessions for groups large and small
- Have excellent customer service skills when interacting with program partners and volunteers
- Work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Have a passion for mission-based work
Required Experience or Key Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least three years of experience in a related field preferred
- Experience in budgeting, grant writing/management a plus
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation/public speaking)
- Excellence in multi-tasking, problem solving and meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Position: Full-time/Salaried (40 hours per week); some weekend and evening work during peak times; competitive benefits package.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 23, 2020. The cover letter should outline qualifications and experiences, especially in the areas of grant management and program/initiative work.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Drug Free