Syntech Systems is the leading supplier of fuel and fleet management accounting systems. We are pioneers of the fuel management industry, home of the FuelMaster and inventors of AIM (Automotive Information Module). We are profoundly committed to our customers, our distributors, our employees, and our community. Our family-oriented, team-based environment is looking for an innovative and dynamic individual whose core values align with our brand.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who will work collaboratively with other software engineers to support various software and/or firmware products used in Syntech’s Enterprise fuel and fleet management systems.
• Provides support for corporate efforts by providing engineering analysis, estimates, and proof of concept development.
• Provides technical guidance to developers as well as contributing to framework and architectural decisions.
• Establishes and helps direct others in development methodology practices and procedures.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Leads research efforts in support of engineering initiatives as well as stakeholder requests.
• Leads efforts to debug system issues and report progress to stakeholders.
• Tests software, firmware, and associated hardware and systems.
• Troubleshoots and assists customers in solving system problems in the field, as needed.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Supports operational functions such as build, deployment, and production support efforts.
• Becomes proficient in fueling, fleet, and other core business domain knowledge to develop systems that meets customer and stakeholder requirements.
• Identifies software and tools that can contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of product development.
• This is a full-time, permanent, in-house position located in Tallahassee, FL.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Will consider relevant years’ experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a directly related industry.
• Extensive Java development experience required.
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate architectural designs and requirements.
• Able to work within a team environment.
• Ability to lead system level requirements and specifications efforts.
• Hands on experience leading teams in designing and developing interactive applications in Java (C++, C# or other object-oriented languages may be considered).
• Ability to lead teams in agile software development methodology and release processes.
• Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, OpenJPA, Hibernate).
• Proficient in developing web applications and capable of mentoring junior developers in best practices and procedures.
Syntech job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
Syntech is proud to be a drug/alcohol-free work environment