We have a wonderful company that’s looking for a Mortgage Loan Underwriter to join their team!
Ensures loan packages are complete, accurate, and in compliance with all credit union policies and procedures, as well as secondary market, Veteran’s Administration (VA) and Federal Housing Authority (FHA) guidelines. Approves or disapproves loan requests based on the information provided.
• Reviews loan files to make a lending decision of approval, denial, or need for
• Informs and explains underwriting decision/conditions to loan closer and loan originator.
• Reviews property appraisals for home equity and long-term mortgages.
• Reviews title work for home equity and long-term mortgages.
• Compiles Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) data from lending software into HMDA
• Keeps abreast of changes in lending policies and procedures at the Credit Union and in the
• Sets and updates mortgage rates daily based upon secondary market pricing.
• Serves as liaison between the Credit Union and lending software vendors.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory programs including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy
Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control Program and Customer Identification Program. Assists
other department personnel and performs other duties as needed.
• Provide friendly, timely, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
• Ensure credit union and government standards are met at and, at all times, ensuring accuracy on all documents with minimal errors.
• Maintain a good working knowledge of credit union and government standards.
• Produce underwriting decisions within a maximum of 24 hours after receipt of file.
• Ensure files are closed within established guidelines.
• Prepare and present monthly reports in a timely manner.
• Make pair-off decisions for losses within established guidelines.
• Keep loan originators and loan closers aware of the need to close loans in a timely manner.
• Provide courteous and prompt service to employees and members.
• Completes required annual BSA/AML training with a passing grade of 80% or higher.
• Completes required Red Flags Program requirements to include documentation of discrepancy resolution as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
• (1) A two-year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a
business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training
or apprenticeship program.
• Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much
personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or
obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
• Excellent organizational and editing skills. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of
Microsoft Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, and Internet browser.
• Ability to operate 10-key calculator.
• Strong communication, analytical, and decision-making skills.
• In-depth knowledge of federal regulations and secondary market guidelines.
• You will need a dedicated, private and secure workspace.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Express Employment Professionals can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express online today at www.ExpressPros.com/TallahasseeFL, or call (850) 270-0047 for an immediate interview!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability status.