|Syntech is the leading supplier of fuel and fleet management accounting systems. We are pioneers of the fuel management industry, home of the FuelMaster and inventors of AIM (Automotive Information Module). We are profoundly committed to our customers, distributors, employees, and community.|
We are seeking an Information Technology (IT) intern to assist with IT service solutions within our organization.
• Learn and develop skills in information technology to include networking of computers, system wide back up of data, and storage of data.
• Develop skills to communicate with IT professionals who specialize in Systems Software Design Engineering and Computer Programming.
• Assist staff in performing system backup and maintenance functions.
• Assist in installation of PC hardware and software.
• Assist in network and hardware troubleshooting.
• Assist in performing preventative maintenance and upgrades on servers.
• Assist System Administrator (or other designee) with current projects.
• Perform special projects as determined by the information systems staff.
• Assist in needs analysis for projects; in research for solutions for needs.
• Assist in updating user and technical documentation.
• Assist in the maintenance and performance tuning of application databases.
• Create and publish interactive reports.
• Assist in managing, maintaining, developing, designing and updating the intranet.
• Assist with the Web Content Management System for our public website.
• Gain hands-on practical experience of Help Desk roles and responsibilities.
• Troubleshoot desktop problems for computers.
• Understand the basic target marketing of product or service.
• Gain substantial knowledge into our industry/field/product or service.
• MUST be able to work 20 hrs/wk, at least 3 consecutive hours at a time during the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
• Must be actively enrolled and seeking a degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineer, Computer Science, or other related field; prefer IT/MIS.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
For More Information and To Apply: MYFUELMASTER.COM
Syntech job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
Syntech is a drug and alcohol-free work environment and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)