HIV/AIDS HEALTH EDUCATOR
POSITION SUMMARY: The HIV/AIDS Health Educator provides targeted one-to-one and group information and education sessions to persons at high risk or increased risk of becoming infected or infecting others with the HIV Disease. The position is directly responsible to the Director of Education.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in health education, social work or education and related experience in health, social or rehabilitative services. Experience in the above areas may substitute for degree.
- Carries out outreach, group and individual intervention/education activities outlined in the grant. These activities may include but are not limited to clinic prevention education sessions, presentations, workshops, health fairs, and community outreach to the targeted population.
- Completes all monthly reports/logs and submits them to the Director of Prevention and Outreach Services as required.
- Markets prevention program services.
- Works with the Director of Prevention and Outreach Services to develop, implement, maintain and update program activities and any other special events, as well as make recommendations as needed for development of, or changes in, program.
- Attends required conferences and training
- Completes monthly and quarterly program reports, as required.
- Participates in the local HIV Prevention Network as required.
- Conduct confidential HIV testing including PRE and POST test counseling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 27,500.00 Degreed, 25,000.00 Non-Degreed, Salaries are Non-negotiable
- Up to 5% annual salary increase
- Agency assumes 100% of employee and family health care coverage
- Retirement investment plan available with 100% match from employer
- Mileage reimbursement
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org