TITLE: Conference and Event Coordinator POSITION NO.: P03312 SECTION: Administrative Services HIRING SALARY: $37,281 – $58,136; all salary calculations to start at the minimum salary HOURS: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., Monday – Friday; hour will include some evenings and weekends CONTACT: Human Resources (850) 201-8510, fax (850) 201-8489 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MAJOR FUNCTION: The Conference and Event Coordinator reports to the Auxiliary Services Manager and provides support and leadership to the Conference and Events Department by working collaboratively with campus and community partners to create a positive experience for campus guests.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a first contact and coordinator, throughout all the event phases, for organizations, groups, and individuals wishing to use Tallahassee Community College facilities to host conferences, meeting, events and social activities. Facilities included are Main Campus, Ghazvini Center for Health Care Wakulla Center, Wakulla Environmental Institute, and Gadsden Center.
- Supervision of OPS and Work Study staff in preparing for conference and event operations. Develop work schedules, training’s and guidance on day to day work related issues.
- Develop relationships with academic and administrative departments at Tallahassee Community College to assist in development and execution of conference and events programs using our facilities. Responsible for conference reservations for all College properties including campus partners class scheduling, information regarding events, room reservation and data entry using EMS (Event Management Systems). Also assist with developing, maintaining, and updating documentation and data as it pertains to Conference and Events that is then analyzed and used to develop goals and plans for the department.
- Responsible for conference reservations for all College properties including campus partners class scheduling, information regarding events, room reservation and data entry using EMS (Event Management Systems). Also assist with developing, maintaining, and updating documentation and data as it pertains to Conference and Events that is then analyzed and used to develop goals and plans for the department.
- Assist in developing marketing plans and outreach to increase conference attendance/participation by outside groups.
MINIMUM TRAINING/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in event management, customer service, or hospitality with excellent customer service management. Preference will be given for an earned bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Business, or Marketing and experience working with conferences or similar group meeting organizations. Experience with EMS (Event Management System) ,25Live and Social Tables software is highly desired. Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, and human relations skills preferred. Excellent computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications are is also preferred.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING: Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer or other electronic devices. Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff/faculty, and general public verbally and in writing using the English language and using proper grammar. Ability to work independently and use sound judgment. Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work assignments. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to handle hostile/emotional situations while presenting a professional demeanor. Ability to lift, carry, and push more than 75 pounds. Ability to walk, stand, bend, and stoop for prolong hours and ability to reach above shoulders. Ability to work with some cleaning chemicals. Knowledge of Basic Microsoft Office Suites. Knowledge of working in a collegial environment. .
Preference will be given to veterans and spouses who are eligible under the Veterans’ Preference Law. At time of application, submittal of Form DD214 is the minimum requirement for veterans’ preference claim. Note: Please upload your DD214 as an attachment as part of your application at the time of submission.
***TCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify Employer ***
The selected candidate identified for this position will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check, which may include fingerprinting.
The College uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires. Tallahassee Community College does not discriminate against any person on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Renae Tolson, Equity Officer, Room 239 Administration Building, 444 Appleyard Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32304, (850) 201-6074, email@example.com.
All persons are encouraged to apply.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources at (850) 201-8510.
- Job Location
- Tallahassee, Florida, United States
- Position Type