|Goodwood Museum & Gardens Community Relations Coordinator|
Pay Schedule: 40 hours/week
Compensation: $13-15/hour, depending on skills and experience
Reports to: Executive Director(s)
The Community Relations Coordinator will assist in development and execution of marketing and public relations strategies to support brand development of Goodwood Museum & Gardens in order to raise awareness in the community about what Goodwood has to offer, cultivate donors and patrons, and strengthen the volunteer base.
Key Components for this position include:
• Marketing/Communications – Promote the museum, its programming, and events in digital, social, print, and broadcast media. Maintain calendar for Goodwood events. Ensure events are kept updated in all community calendars, and advertise as necessary. Write press releases and news articles about Goodwood programming and projects. Help manage social media platforms to promote engagement with targeted audiences and promote Goodwood events and programming. This includes Goodwood’s website, Google AdWords, Facebook, and Instagram accounts. Send monthly emails to keep Goodwood supporters engaged and up to date on events. Work with graphic designers as needed.
• Volunteer Coordination – Manage volunteer system. This includes maintaining the volunteer handbook and tracking volunteer hours. Keep volunteers informed about changes, opportunities, etc. Recruit new volunteers by collaborating with Volunteer Leon/Get Connected, the Goodwood Alliance, and community and educational groups/clubs. Assist with volunteer events including 2nd Saturday Volunteer Day, bi-annual appreciation luncheons, and the Big Event. Oversee interns and assist with recruitment.
• Marketing Facility Rentals – In coordination with the Director of Rentals and Special Events, promote the availability of rental facilities with particular emphasis placed on increasing mid-week rentals. Assist with development of marketing materials for rentals. Ensure that this information is presented to stakeholders in our community (i.e. non-profits, local businesses, government entities, meeting planners, etc.).
• Programming – Assist the Executive Director(s) and Director of Rentals and Special Events in implementing existing programs and creating new programs. Coordinate with instructors and artists on behalf of Goodwood. Be the on-site contact for Goodwood Sponsored events and maintain records for all events. Oversee and schedule Event Assistants at Goodwood sponsored wellness and cultural programming.
Other Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Rentals and Special Events – Provide assistance to the Director of Rentals and Special Events as needed in carrying out her responsibilities.
• AV Assistance – Train renters and Goodwood representatives on AV system and assist in troubleshooting technical issues.
• Membership/Donor Relations – Assist the Executive Director(s) as needed with membership and donor recruitment, acknowledgement, and record keeping.
• Other Duties – Carry out additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director(s).
• 2 years of related experience or bachelor degree in marketing, promotion, communications, hospitality, or related field.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Nancy Morgan, Co-Executive Director, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until March 30, or until the position is filled.