Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs is an accounting firm headquartered in Tallahassee with a second location in Tampa. With THF now reaching almost 100 team members, our firm is positioned for continued significant growth.
You will work with an exceptional team in a fast-paced office environment. The ideal candidate will have a high level of initiative, well-developed organizational skills, and ability to learn and accept new challenges with a positive, can-do attitude. Excellent customer services skills and attention to detail are critical.
THF is hiring an Associate in Marketing & Business Development to specialize in Governmental Services. We have a large practice focused around disaster and emergency management, and we are adding an associate to focus on future growth for the team.
Primary responsibilities include:
● Writing proposals for the emergency management and disaster team.
● Maintaining a database of contacts within the governmental industry.
● Working with team leaders to gather the appropriate information to be included in proposals.
● Working with the team members to write and update their resumes and headshots.
● Preparing the team for oral presentations for potential clients.
● Writing and editing marketing materials, blogs, and articles focused on the disaster and emergency management team.
● Updating the website pages focused on the disaster and emergency management industry niche.
● Reviewing multiple websites and articles to search for additional revenue opportunities for the team.
● Contacting state or local government offices to gather information and update the team.
● Must be able to work independently and with a team.
● Must take the initiative to help research and develop additional opportunities.
● Must demonstrate creative and professional writing skills.
● Must have 1-2 years of experience in state or local government within a marketing or procurement role.
● Must be computer proficient (Word, Excel, Publisher, Visio, etc.).
● Must be detailed oriented.
● Must demonstrate strong communication skills.
● A Florida Certificated Contract Negotiator certification is a plus.
● Experience and knowledge of grant writing is a plus.
● A Florida Certified Contract Manager certification is a plus.
Location: Tallahassee Office
Reports to: Director, Marketing & Business Development
Benefits include competitive salary, flexible work schedules, Paid Time Off, retirement plan, 401K match opportunity, medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance options, continuing education, daily selection of coffee and soda, flexible work options, and breakfast on Fridays. Synergy events such as busy season snack cart, smoothie day, random lunch days, tailgates, and much more.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity and have the necessary qualifications, please submit your resume, salary requirements, and letter of interest to: email@example.com or mail to People Champion, P O Drawer 14569, Tallahassee, FL 32317.
EOE, ADA, E-Verify Employer
Please submit your resume, salary requirements, and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to People Champion, P.O. Drawer 14569, Tallahassee, FL 32317.