Tallahassee Primary Care Associates Position Open
FT and PT Phlebotomist Needed at Tallahassee Primary Care Associates
The FT qualified applicant must be able to between the hours of 6a-6p, M-F and 8a-12pm. The exact shift will be determined however the candidate must be able to work the hours the lab is open as this position may flex depending on volumes.
The PT qualified applicant must be able to work 2p-6p on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 8a-12p on Saturdays.
I. Minimum Qualifications
• Minimum Of High School Diploma or its equivalent
• Minimum of one year phlebotomy experience and national certification preferred
• Pediatric experience and CPR certification required
• Detail to precision and accuracy is mandatory
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
• Ability to differentiate critical versus non-critical information
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
II. Essential Functions Of Position
A. Clinical Responsibilities
a. Collection of all specimens: venous, nasopharyngeal, oral, wound culturing
b. Undergo special collection training for various tasks (blood cultures, bleeding times, etc.)
c. Accession specimens in preparation for testing or transport to testing facility
d. Remain current and proficient on procedures and policies
B. Clerical Responsibilities
a. Resolve basic problems
b. Recognize complex problems, refer appropriately or resolve with supervisory assistance
c. Assist in the training of new staff
d. Maintain confidentiality of patient information and records
e. Attend staff meetings
f. Perform daily paperwork tasks in laboratory
Applicants must pass a criminal background check including drug test.
To submit an application, please visit https://www.tallahasseeprimarycare.com/careers/.